Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Real Life Math Fails

I don't know about you, but when I go to a place of business and the person can't give me correct change, I get frustrated!  I don't want to put my students out into the world without real-world skills.

Using real-life examples of math fails will help increase student interest and get them thinking when they're out there in the real world.  Simply put math fails up on the Smart Board and ask students to explain the problem.  Take these for example:

I'll take one.  And then another one.  But not two, please. :-)


For the calorie counters out there, you might think twice...


How many nuggets do YOU see?


We all need a little swagger, right?  How much are you willing to pay for it?


Don't be fooled during your shopping trip on Black Friday!


Not 50%?  Huh...



Hey, big tipper!


What is it made of?


Every dollar counts!


That really is stealing, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment